Despite the fact that all of these pieces were bought in this decade, I felt very vintage in this outfit. This skirt is one of my favorite things (along with raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens). Sometimes I can’t believe that it came from Forever 21. A cute, comfortable, affordable skirt? Julie Andrews should probably think about adding that to her list of favorite things.
Sweater: BCBG | Skirt: Forever 21 | Shoes: Ruche | Sunglasses: Free People | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelets: Nordstrom Rack, JewelMint
We ended out the weekend at the Pumpkin Patch. If it looks as though I’m cradling that pumpkin like it’s my own child, it’s because that’s exactly what I’m doing. I found it right when we started looking and HAD to have it. It looks like someone took a regular, fat, round pumpkin and squished it down into this little mini flat pumpkin. Also, have you ever seen a pumpkin THAT orange? I haven’t even decided if I want to carve it yet, which is probably why we went home with five pumpkins.
This weekend was lovely. It kicked off with Oktoberfest, which meant good beer, good food and good company. It’s been warmer during the day and cooler at night and this dress was the perfect transitional outfit. The best part of the night? Sleeping in my own bed. Even though the weekend was action-packed, we didn’t travel which gave me an opportunity to catch up on sleep. In short, my weekend was filled with extra sleep and the arrival of Fall. I don’t think there’s much that could make me happier.
- The Glossy Life shows us how to make those cute elastic hair ties from Anthropologie at home! A fun project that will save you some cash! (find The Glossy Life on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow transports back to the 70′s in her fab pants! A true testament to fashion repeating itself! So cute! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins gets gussied up for a night at the show! A cute dress and even cuter heels! You have to see them! (find Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill is enjoying the cooler weather and finally being able to wear her new jacket, which is the perfect mix of girly and cozy! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- It’s Not That Deep shows us her rebellious side and mixes a rocker tee with a prim and proper pencil skirt - all topped off with gorgeous curly locks!
- For All Things Lovely is sporting a favorite fall color combo – wine and magenta! Head over to see what (unexpected) color she paired it with! Love!
- My Fancy Pants nails the polka dot and colored denim trend in one shot! These happy pants look amazing paired with leopard!
- Miss Top Ten Image cheers up on a rainy afternoon with a few pops of red! A bright spot in an otherwise gloomy day! (find Miss Tope Ten Image on Twitter!)
- The Mrs. and The Momma looks so chic in a maxi and menswear inspired hat! Such a cute (and comfy!) outfit for running around! (find The Mrs. and The Momma on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is extending the life of her summer wardrobe with the tried and true denim jacket – a must have for transitioning to fall! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- The Double Take Girls shares some tips on how to pull off the ever popular printed pant look. Pop over for a few style tips! (find The Double Take Girls on Twitter!)
- Citrus Refreshing Fashion is channeling Audrey in a Breakfast at Tiffany’s inspired look – complete with pearls! So cute!
- My Thrifty Chic is a show stopper in pink and black lace! Pop over to see how she keeps her formal dress from looking too stuffy! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is shelling out advice on where to look for less expensive light fixtures! Don’t miss this tip! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style gives us the run down on a fabulous color combo for fall – black and emerald! She gives us tons of choices to easily implement the look! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)