I am thrilled to announce my first giveaway from the lovely people behind Go Chic or Go Home! Up for grabs is a $50 Gift Card to any retailer featured on their website (this includes stores like J Crew, Asos and Madewell!) and all you have to do is this:
Most of my weekend was spent relaxing. My “big” plans were shopping for a new sofa (okay, this IS what old age looks like) and watching the Olympics. I wore this outfit out to lunch and to furniture stores. I love warm colors because they make me think of the leaves changing color in the fall. I decided that if I start to wear fall-like clothing, I can will the season into existence. Exhibit A: warm colors and a scarf. For some reason, it’s still going to be 90 degrees today….
Friday night was fantastic. We threw some fish on the grill and watched the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. I couldn’t stay awake long enough to see them announce the US, though. Sadly, I think I only made it to the Ns. Is this what old age looks like?
This is what I wore (until I got too tired and put on sweatpants). These shorts are Genetic Denim, which I LOVE. I honestly don’t know how they get their fabric so soft, but every other jean company should be stealing their secret. I think this pair is about two sizes too big which makes them extra comfortable. I also have them in just plain ol’ blue denim; same size, same fit, which means I get the “boyfriend” look without having to cut up a pair of my boyfriend’s jeans. It’s a win-win.
I think this may be the very first time I have ever worn two different pattern pieces together and I am going to do it more often. This skirt has so much going on that I sometimes decide to wear it, have nothing to wear it with, and decide on something else completely. I guess the solution is to wear something that doesn’t match at all.
- Rachel’s Look Book shares with us her summer “go-to” items that are fit for running errands or lunch with the girls! Cute! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is walking on the wild side with her fashion choices lately and it’s paying off! She looks fabulous in her new red pants! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Ash ‘N’ Fashn is gearing up for the start of the Olympics with an adorable graphic tee! Perfect for watching the opening ceremonies tonight! (find Ash N’ Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl looks gorgeous in a neutral outfit – head over to find out how she uses a hint of shimmer to keep the look interesting!
- Urban Frill is wearing her own version of the primary colors and knocked it out of the park! And she thought she had nothing to wear! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now mixes masculine and feminine for a layered summer look! Pop over to see how she pulls it off! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average is taking style cues from Betty Draper while sporting an updated vintage look complete with a pink lace skirt! Love! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style is channeling her inner free spirt with lace and pastels – a beautiful nod to the 60s!
- the Queen City Style is shopping her own closet and trying out a new combination she has never thought of! Head over to see the unlikely pair! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow goes Aztec with an amazing pair of shorts! She pairs it with a top that has an unexpected twist – go check it out! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates a casual Rosie Huntington look for under $115! It involves boots and shorts – a must see!
- Second Street East is sharing a little office inspiration with us, which will be her future workspace. One hint – pink and yellow! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies pairs a neutral top with some pops of color! Don’t forget to check out her fun hair accessory!
- Sweetie Pie Style runs us through this fall’s shoe trends! Be careful because you will want every. single. pair. (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)